Monday, February 11, 2019

Research

Research on my genre
HORROR
Horror is a genre of speculative fiction which is intended to frighten, scare, disgust, or startle its readers by inducing feelings of horror or terror.
The 4 main horror area's involve Killers, Monsters; Paranormal and Psychological horror.
I will be using 3 of the 4 main areas in horror.
Killers - Some of my characters introduced never make it to the end of the film as its revealed they have been killed. We don't know who or what the killer is but we know they have been brutally murdered.
Monsters/Paranormal  - there's a sense in my film something unrealistic is happening; the planet is in lock down, everyone is gone from the earth but a few people, always dark. By using this non realistic approach it creates the idea that there's a possibility monsters could be involved.
There are 6 types of Horror Genre's
- Slasher/Killer
- Classic Slasher
- Crime and Giallo
- Bumpkin and Redneck
- Home Invasion and Survival
- Monsters/ Creatures


My Horror genre comes under both Home Invasion/Survival and Monsters/Creatures. My film is about surviving from a particular thing which has killed off the human race.


Here is my research I did on the genre of my film. I did research in order to get more persective on the type of film is was wanting to create in terms of my genre. Wanting to create a film which included horror, I found doing research allowed me gain more information and what aspects of horror I should include in my film. A way I could improve would be putting this information into five main bullet points, with the top information I collected. So I could see clearly the top information I needed to know about the genre horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment